The house has an insane amount of crown molding.
That’s great, right?! It’s one of the things we love about it. It really makes the house seem grand.
Well, some previous owner, in a state of bad taste (or insanity), painted all the wood work a cream color that looks pink most of the day.
Not cute on woodwork. Only on baby girls, flowers, skinny girls, and men’s dress shirts (my husband doth protesteth!!)
So after a ridiculously high estimate for painting just the woodwork in 3 rooms ($2,000.00!!!), we decided to tackle it ourselves.
And since hubby is insanely busy at work… I get to tackle it alone.
And after a week of working hard, I have one painted ceiling to show for it!
Not exactly the progress I hoped for, but I have major obstacles in my way:
1. 12 ft ceilings. 7 ft ladder.
2. I’m 5’4″ on a good day.
3. Short arms… oh to have my hubby’s wingspan!
4. Self-afflicted injury to neck, which makes looking up to paint the ceiling very painful. (injury sustained by climbing up ladder in a hurry, not realizing I was in a doorway, and ramming my head into the top of the doorway. I think I compressed my neck by an inch. and i can’t afford to be giving away inches!)
So in the next week, I will attempt to:
1. Paint 6 more ceilings (not all 12 ft)
2. Paint 1 Living room, 1 dining room, 1 entry way, 1 hallway, 1 master bedroom, 3 bedrooms
3. Paint all the trim in aforementioned rooms
4. Maintain my sanity
5. Get some sleep
6. See my husband and child during waking hours
7. Attempt not to gain any stress weight
Wanna see me in action?? oh yeah, Painters of the world watch out! She’s got a neon yellow bandanna!