Fresh Front Door – Part 1
I love my house.
I hate my front door!
Not the door itself, the color! ick! What would you call this? murky denim? Rainy Day blue?
Whatever it is, it’s got to go!
It does nothing for the curb appeal… makes you feel like you’re walking towards a dark dungeon… ok, maybe a little dramatic..
aaaand I’ve been griping about all of this since we moved in almost a year ago.
But now that I have given up TV for Lent, I have a surprising amount of “free” time on my hands.
See ya later Rainy Day blue!
1. Tape off door and around door.
2. Prime the door. I used a fast drying Kilz primer.
3. Make the baby his own sidewalk chalk paint so you can have 15min of uninterrupted painting time.
4. Let primer dry.
5. Remember you are also unhappy with the house numbers. Too dark, can’t see them from street. Go to garage, find spray paint.
6. Spend 20min ripping tape in itty-bitty pieces to mask off areas you didn’t want painted.
7. Create cardboard tunnel/shield to keep the spray paint directed at numbers.
8. Spray coat of primer. Wait 1 hour, then spray Silver spray.
9. Peel off paint right away! (not recommended, but I’m a very impatient person!)
10. Fall in love with new house numbers… :)
p.s. this is what the door currently looks like, primed… now to make color decisions..I hope this doesn’t take another year